Members of the ULS community:
During winter months, we want to ensure the safety of students, faculty and staff. Please note the following information regarding campus(es) closings, delayed opening and early dismissal:
- Information regarding the closing, early delayed opening or early dismissal of either or both the Philadelphia and Gettysburg ULS campuses will be posted via the ULS Twitter feed, the official ULS FACEBOOK page and via text for those students, faculty and staff who have signed up for text notifications (If you have not signed up for text alerts, you can do so here.
- In the case of a campus closing for the day or opening late, the announcement will be posted by 7:00AM EST.
- In the case of an early closing, the announcement will be posted as soon as decision is made.
- For faculty and staff: If a campus is closed, you should not report to work with the exception of essential personnel who are required to report to work in the case of a campus closure
- For students: In the case of campus closure, delayed opening or early dismissal, there will be no class during the timeframe the campus is closed. It is your responsibility to contact your professors directly before the scheduled class time to inquire about alternative arrangements – this includes any Sync classes via Zoom. Faculty should contact IT for any necessary assistance.
- If a campus is closed, chapel on that campus is cancelled.
- For students on the Gettysburg campus, Biggerstaff's and Refectory staff will make every effort to ensure regular meal service is available for those with meal plans. However, students should be aware that if a weather incident is severe enough, they may have to make alternative food arrangements. Food pantries are available on both campuses with free food available to students. For more information on the food pantries, contact Danielle Bosdell for the Philadelphia campus and Andrew Berdahl for the Gettysburg campus.