CARES Act Aid Distribution
CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to qualified students
ULS Response to Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Reporting – Emergency Financial Aid Grants for Students
In response to Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”) Pub. L. No. 116-136, 134 Stat. 281
(March 27, 2020), United Lutheran Seminary reports as follows (in chronological order):
- United Lutheran Seminary signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education the Certification and Agreement stating the intent to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to qualified students.
- $28,079 was received by ULS for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. These institutional expenses of $28,079 were applied against COVID mitigation expenses.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to qualified ULS students was $163.25 per student.
- The estimated total number of students at ULS eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under the CARES Act is 172
- The total number of ULS students who received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under the CARES Act is 172
- Eligible ULS students received their Emergency Financial Aid Grant check and accompanying letter via U.S. mail. Checks were mailed from the ULS Gettysburg campus on September 3, 2020.
- ULS students who registered for residential courses were eligible to receive the above noted financial aid grant.
- All funds distributed, final report.
- 9. $25,000 was drawn on December 21, 2020 $12,000 related to student housing refunds and $13,000 related to lost auxiliary revenue due to COVID pandemic.
- 10. $76,642 was drawn on January 15, 2021 from the CARES ACT due to reduced rental related to the COVID pandemic.
- .Cares Funding Report first quarter 3/31/2021
- $2,400 was drawn on April 12, 2021 for deep cleaning on the Philadelphia campus.
- $18,000 was drawn on April 8, 2021 related to lost revenue for an event that was cancelled due to the COVID pandemic.
- $28,079 was received by ULS for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to eligible Students on
June 1, 2021, which was disbursed to 226 qualifying individuals.
- $15,182.53 was drawn on June 21, 2021 related to renovated service points in the ULS Wentz Branch (Gettysburg) Library as well as cleaning and safety supplies. These service points and supplies will help the Library staff better socially distance from other staff as well as guests upon reopening.
- Cares Funding Report 4th quarter 6/30/2021
- July 2, 2021 $34,928.71 drawn down for additional ZOOM capable classrooms to support social distancing and allow for COVID marginalized students and professors the ability to participate in distance learning. Installment 1 of 2.
July 21, 2021 - $10,000 lost rent due to the COVID pandemic. $10,476 lost rent from students summer 2020 due to COVID pandemic.
- August 11, 2021 - $14,603.82 was drawn down to cover Industrial strength HEPA Air filters and accessories for our classrooms to provide a safer environment for in person learning
- $77,078 was received by ULS for COVID- related Financial Aid grants from the federal government and was disbursed to 179 eligible students on August 13, 2021.
- Cares Funding Report 4th quarter 10/06/2021
January 25, 2022 - $18,540 from the grant expiring March 7, 2022 for lost revenue for an event that was cancelled in the summer 2021 due to the COVID pandemic
January 28, 2022 - $15,457.36 drawn down for Direct Virus Expenses
January 31, 2022 - $51,156.96 was drawn down for Direct Virus expenses 20-21
February 2, 2022 - $59,338 was drawn down for costs associated with developing classroom space to meet the demands of the COVID pandemic
February 28, 2022 - $10,612.58 drawn down for expanded IT requirements to support hybrid class environment.
March 1, 2022 - $37,500.00 drawn down for lost auxiliary rent due to the COVID pandemic
March 2, 2022 - $79,083.86 drawn down for lost student housing revenue during the COVID pandemic.
CARES Funding Report 12/30/22
CARES Funding Report 6/30/22
CARES Funding Report 9/30/22
March 17, 2023 $85,221.18 - Lost rent due to the pandemic.Final distribution.