CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to qualified students
September 4, 2020
ULS Response to Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Reporting – Emergency Financial Aid
Grants for Students
In response to Section18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARESAct”) Pub. L. No. 116-136, 134 Stat. 281 (March 27, 2020), United Lutheran Seminary reports as follows:
- 1. United Lutheran Seminary signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education the Certification and Agreement stating the intent to use no less than 50 percent of the funds received under the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to qualified students.
- 2. $28,079 was received by ULS for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- 3. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to qualified ULS students was $163.25 per student.
- 4. The estimated total number of students at ULS eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under the CARES Act is 172
- 5. The total number of ULS students who received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under the CARES Act is 172
- 6. Eligible ULS students received their Emergency Financial Aid Grant check and accompanying letter via U.S. mail. Checks were mailed from the ULS Gettysburg campus on September 3, 2020.
- 7. ULS students who registered for residential courses were eligible to receive the above noted financial aid grant.
- 8. All funds distributed, final report