United Lutheran Seminary Mission Statement:
Unifying, Learning, Serving: United Lutheran Seminary is a welcoming and diverse learning community equipping people to proclaim the living Gospel for a changing church and world.
United Lutheran Seminary strives to foster an environment that enables all students, faculty and staff to embrace the spirit of ULS and contribute at the highest possible level to support the mission of the Seminary. ULS seeks a Staff Accountant I, who is energized by the opportunity to provide world-class service in the Finance Department.
The Staff Accountant I, will become a member of a community of faculty, staff, students and constituents committed to its mission as an educational institution (Seminary) of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA), guided by its Christian Faith.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
· Maintain individual endowment restricted accounts and summary sheets.
· Reconcile bank statements to general ledger.
· Deposit checks and update cash sheets.
· Distribute quarterly General Ledger detail reports and related budget reports to each department and program director.
· Coordinate subsequent review of budget to actual variances.
· Subsidiary and Joint Venture accounting and reporting.
· Track miscellaneous receivables and reconcile to the General Ledger monthly.
· Track and prepare required reporting for CARES funds.
· Serve as backup for student accounting.
· Prepare and distribute project reports to project stewards monthly.
· Monitor unclaimed property.
· Assist with annual closing process and financial reporting, including audit support.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Must have an Associate’s degree or the equivalent..
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field.
· Intermediate to advanced computer and database experience, (Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point).
· Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to function effectively with diverse internal/external stakeholders.
· Commitment to and supportive of the mission of ULS and the ELCA.
· Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
· Experience working in a non-profit setting.
· Knowledge of ELCA or other major Christian denominations.
Interested applicants: Email resume and cover letter to HR@ULS.edu
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
United Lutheran Seminary is an Equal Opportunity Employer