Public Safety Officer (PT/20 hours)
United Lutheran Seminary Mission Statement:
Unifying, Learning, Serving: United Lutheran Seminary is a welcoming and diverse learning community equipping people to proclaim the living Gospel for a changing church and world.
United Lutheran Seminary strives to foster an environment that enables all students, faculty, and staff to embrace the spirit of ULS and contribute at the highest possible level to support the mission of the Seminary. ULS seeks a public safety officer who is willing to work with all members of the campus community in our efforts to have a safe and welcoming campus environment.
· Performs assigned patrols of campus and monitoring of cameras during shift.
· Investigates and documents fire and burglar alarm activations and other incidents.
· Notifies other Seminary staff (housekeeping, maintenance, etc.) of incidents
requiring their attention.
· Serves as a first point of contact for campus visitors.
· Performs general tasks as assigned by the Director of Public Safety or a Deputy.
Ninety (90) day probationary/training period upon initial assignment
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
High School diploma or the equivalent.
Minimum of 3 years of security, public safety or related experience.
CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation), AED (automatic external defibrillator) and first-aid certification, or capable of attaining same within six months of initial assignment.
Job Type: Part-time
Work Location: Gettysburg Campus
When expressing interest for this opportunity,
please submit the following to: HR@uls.edu
Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
United Lutheran Seminary is an equal opportunity employer.