United Lutheran Seminary Mission Statement:
Unifying, Learning, Serving: United Lutheran Seminary is a welcoming and diverse learning community equipping people to proclaim the living Gospel for a changing church and world.
United Lutheran Seminary strives to foster an environment that enables all students, faculty and staff to embrace the spirit of ULS and contribute at the highest possible level to support the mission of the Seminary. ULS seeks a Facilities Maintenance Technician II
· Perform general maintenance and repairs as directed by the facilities maintenance management team
· Prioritize specific jobs to be done as directed by the Director of Facilities Maintenance and other team members
· Provide feedback on a consistent basis regarding work completed, work outstanding, and situations that may require additional attention
· When work has been assigned to outside contractors, assist other team members in providing the contractors with needed equipment and access to campus facilities
· Communicate with other team members and the campus community as appropriate in person, by phone, or by email or text
· Be on call for after-hours and weekend emergency situations. (The Coordinator should live close enough to campus to be able to respond in person within a reasonable amount of time in an emergency.
· Support the Seminary’s educational mission by interacting with other members of the campus community and our visitors in a professional and cordial manner
· Assist other staff as needed with room setup (tables, chairs, podiums, etc.) for scheduled events
· Assist as needed with other duties as assigned
· Minimum3 years experience in general maintenance including carpentry, plumbing, and electrical; experience with HVAC helpful, but not required
· Ability to organize and prioritize work and follow up as needed
· Professional verbal and written communications skills
· Experience working in an institutional setting (school, university, hospital, etc.) is desirable but not required
Sits, stands, bends, kneels, will climb, has good sense of balance to work on heights. Some lifting of medium and/or heavy equipment and tools.
There will be some exposure to hazards or risks. There will be exposure to weather condition extremes, heat and cold. Additional work hours, including weekends, are at times necessary to maintain a clean and safe facility.
Travel: Less than 10%
Interested applicants: Email resume and cover letter to HR@ULS.edu
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
United Lutheran Seminary is an Equal Opportunity Employer