United Lutheran Seminary Mission Statement:
Unifying, Learning, Serving: United Lutheran Seminary is a welcoming and diverse learning community equipping people to proclaim the living Gospel for a changing church and world.
United Lutheran Seminary strives to foster an environment that enables all students, faculty, and staff to embrace the spirit of ULS and contribute at the highest possible level to support the mission of the Seminary. ULS seeks a strategic communications leader who is energized by the opportunity to design and deliver a transformative and strategic Communications strategy to create and maintain positive engagement with all ULS’ key stakeholders.
The Director of Communications is responsible for developing and delivering communication plans, resources, and tools for the Seminary. In partnership with the President the Director of Communications leads efforts of the ULS and promotes its image among current and prospective students, alumni, church leaders, congregations, donors and the public. The director of communications will also serve as the public information officer developing and delivering internal and external communications designed to present a professional, positive, and authentic image of United Lutheran Seminary; while advancing the brand and mission of the school. The Director is responsible for learning and maintaining relevant institutional knowledge regarding the history of ULS and predecessor schools.
- Develops and implements strategic internal and external communication strategies and plans that effectively educate, engage, and promote the seminary and the seminary community.
- Provides counsel and support to the President, Board of Trustees and seminary leadership to position the Seminary in the most favorable standing with the community.
- Develops and manages various seminary print and electronic publications including newsletters, web pages, fact sheets/brochures and special projects. Ensures timely and relevant information is maintained on ULS website.
- Manages Seminary presence on social media including Facebook and Twitter, including updating and enforcing ULS’ social media policy.
- Develops and manages branding and implementation of the institutional identity.
- Attends and coordinates ULS staff community engagement activities to build relationships with external, internal and targeted audiences.
- Leads public-facing crisis communication, including coordination with local law enforcement and others as appropriate, to ensure appropriate communication of emergent situations to faculty, staff and the seminary community. Maintains and updates the crisis communications manual to ensure systems and messaging for efficient and accurate response
- Serves as the public information officer (PIO)/spokesperson, when appropriate and approves with the president, the church relations director, and other spokespersons, ensuring they receive ongoing and situational training.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with local news media through proactive contacts and serving as a source of reliable and accurate information.
- Works with seminary and department staff in implementation of activities that advance internal and external communication efforts.
- Develops talking points to enhance support and understanding of the seminary. Actively responds to information requests about key events and issues.
- Content strategy and implementation ensures high quality and consistently delivered photographs/video and text for use in publications, on websites and social media.
- Manages a small staff that assist in the efforts outlined above.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major pertinent to communications, journalism or marketing, or equivalent advanced training in communications
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations or journalism
- Experience in a higher educational environment preferred.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to take initiative
- Advanced verbal communication, written communication, proofreading, grammar, spelling, research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of various communication approaches, principles and practices, including community engagement, marketing, public and media relations and journalism
- Ability to build strong community and media relationships
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge in communication and presentation skills, writing, media understanding, and website development and management
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead implementation of a strategic communications plan
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with a DSLR camera and video recording equipment.
- Maintains a very high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Maintains a very positive attitude; is flexible.
- Understands the interdependent nature of the position in conjunction with both Advancement, Admissions, and Lifelong Learning.
- Work hours include the possibility of occasional weekend or evening activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: 7-10 years
Work Location: Philadelphia & Gettysburg, PA
When expressing interest for this opportunity, please submit the following to HR@ULS.edu
– Cover Letter
– 3 Professional References
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted