United Lutheran Seminary Mission Statement:
Unifying, Learning, Serving: United Lutheran Seminary is a welcoming and diverse learning community equipping people to proclaim the living Gospel for a changing church and world.
United Lutheran Seminary strives to foster an environment that enables all students, faculty and staff to embrace the spirit of ULS and contribute at the highest possible level to support the mission of the Seminary. ULS seeks a Coordinator for Stewardship and Donor Relations who is energized by the opportunity to provide world-class service in donor relations.
The Coordinator for Stewardship and Donor Relations will become a member of a community of faculty, staff, students and constituents committed to its mission as an educational institution (Seminary) of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA), guided by its Christian Faith.
Reports to: Sr. Director of Advancement
· Acknowledge all gifts, constituent management, gift and pledge management
· Prepare and mail acknowledgment letters
· Record all gift documentation electronic and paper record
· Notify Senior Director of Advancement of donors identified for higher levels of
· Record and process all expectancies related to planned giving
· Prepare gift entry processes for Senior Director of Advancement to facilitate
· Handle indirect contact to annual fund level donors (birthday cards, email contact)
and notify Senior Director of Advancement of prospective donors
· Prepare mailings(which includes cover letter, newsletter article, overall financial
update and fund specific information) for all temp-restricted and endowed funds
· Apply appeal-based information to donor reports to notify donors how their gift
made an impact
· Develop recognition program for specific donor types: First time donors, long term
donors, monthly donors
· Assist in preparation of month-end reports
· Manage the reporting for the Donor Bulletin listings
· Assist in preparation of the ATS Report.
· Prepare donor profile reports
· Assemble packets for congregational visits and other events
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in an office environment. preferably in a
higher education, non-profit or religiously-affiliated setting.
· Intermediate to advanced computer and database experience, (Microsoft Word,
Excel and PowerPoint)
· Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to function effectively with diverse constituents including alumni, parents,
trustees, students, faculty, staff, ELCA clergy, community leaders and
friends of the seminary
· Commitment to and supportive of the mission of ULS and the ELCA
· Knowledge of ELCA or other major Christian denominations.
Interested applicants: Email resume and cover letter to HR@ULS.edu
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
United Lutheran Seminary is an Equal Opportunity Employer