The Philadelphia branch of the United Lutheran Seminary Library.
The Charles Porterfield Krauth Branch of the United Lutheran Seminary Library traces its roots to the founding of the Philadelphia seminary, with the earliest books coming from or acquired by Carl Rudolph Dimme, pastor of St. Michael's, Germantown, and expanded upon by core faculty, including Dr. Krauth and Charles Frederick Schaeffer. The current structure was built in 1908 and was added onto in the 1970s and 2016.
Today, the Krauth Branch houses over 200,000 volumes, including an extensive collection of rare books, focusing on the reformation and Lutheran scholasticism.
In addition to the vast number of volumes in its stacks, the Krauth Library houses meditation and study spaces, and the Lillian Scoggins Music Room, where students are welcome to listen to the library’s extensive sacred music collection.