The Wentz Branch of the United Lutheran Seminary Library.
The A.R. Wentz Branch of the United Lutheran Seminary Library traces its roots to the very formation of Lutheran theological education in the United States. Benjamin Kurtz, of the Evangelical Lutheran General Synod, solicited contributions of money and books for its new seminary in Gettysburg, PA. The library still possesses those first donations.
Originally located in the seminary's main classroom and administrative buildings, the current library structure was built in 1947.
Today, the Wentz branch houses a collection of over 180,000 books.